How much does God love you?
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. "Romans 5:8
Truth: In this one verse, we see God's love, our need, and God's provision for eternal life. God loves you so much
that He allowed His only Son Jesus Christ to die for you so that your sins can be forgiven and you can have a
personal relationship with Him. Jesus rose three days later from the grave to prove this to the world once and for all.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us..." Romans 5:8
- God created you in His own likeness.
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female
He created them." Genesis 1:27
- God not only created you and loves you deeply, but He also has a purpose for your life. The Bible states
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in HimTruth: God desires that you have eternal life and a personal relationship with Him.
shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
As we search for meaning in life, we quickly discover that our world is broken. Brokenness is seen
everywhere including in our own individual life. The Bible declares that brokenness in our world and
in our own life is due to sin. Sin always leads to brokenness.
The Bible says:
- We are sinners by nature and by choice
“… in that while we were still sinners…” Romans 5:8
“There is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- Due to our sin, we deserve death and eternal separation from God in hell.
"For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23
“And it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement…” Hebrews 9:27
- We cannot earn eternal life by our good works outweighing our sinful works.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of
works, lest anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9
- God is holy and just and must punish sin. Yet God loves us and provides forgiveness for our sins
through His Son Jesus Christ.
“… Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
“… but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put
to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit. 1 Peter 3:18
- Jesus died for you and was resurrected from the dead to provide forgiveness for your sin.
- Jesus is God’s only provision for salvation and eternal life.
“Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except
by Me.” John 14:6
- The only way Jesus can affect our lives is for us to receive Him. The Bible says:
“Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children
of God to those who believe in His name.” John 1:12
Notice the words believe (faith) and receive.
- Faith is not just believing facts about Jesus.
- Faith is trusting and following Jesus.
- You must also repent of your sin.
“Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may
come from the Lord” Acts 3:19
- Repentance is not just feeling sorry about your sin.
- Repentance is turning away from your sin and turning to God through Jesus.
- Please understand that God is not asking you to add Jesus to your life. He desires that you allow
Jesus to become your life.
- Jesus’ great invitation to everyone is “Come and follow Me”.
Do you understand what God has done for you and your need to receive Christ as your Savior?
Is there any reason you would not be willing to receive God’s gift of eternal life in Jesus Christ?
Are you willing to turn from your sin, place your faith and trust in Christ, and receive Him as your Lord
If you are now willing to receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then call on Him through prayer. You can
use your own words or the following prayer as a guide:
“Jesus, I repent of my sin and receive Your forgiveness. I place my faith and trust in You and receive You
as my Lord and Savior. I will follow You the rest of my life.”
If you have chosen to believe on the Lord Jesus by repenting of your sin and receiving Him as your Savior,
then the Bible states that you are now to be baptized as an act of obedience.
The church family at River View Baptist Church would love to be part of your baptism and help disciple you!